Rock Over Climbing has been pushing forward climbing in Manchester and the North West for over 8 years, opening its doors in June 2010, right in the heart of Manchester. Since that time we have expanded at an exponential rate, culminating in over 700sqm of dedicated bouldering, and over 1000sqm of climbing surfaces! Add to this a gym, functional training areas, training board (including the Jim Pope board) and the UKs official GB Climbing team training wall, The Hub GB, it’s easy to see why it’s such a popular venue!
We’re currently looking for a highly motivated, organised individual to join our amazing team, and help us take Rock Over Climbing to the forefront of British climbing.
The Centre Manager will report directly to the General Manager and Director and will have full responsibility for the operational management of the centre, including but not limited to:
- Overseeing all aspects of day to day operational delivery which includes climbing instruction, team management, shop sales, offsite support packages, customer services and reception, health and safety, and maintenance
- Managing all staff through the necessary hierarchy
- Dealing with staff rotas
- Organising staff training and personal development
- Overall responsibility for compliance, including keeping up to date with legislation and ensuring all procedures are in place, up to date, and followed accordingly
- Organising the provision of Route Setting requirements
- Working with the Administration team on all bookings, admin and finance requirements
- Assisting other Senior Staff members with events, developmental and marketing planning
- Representing Rock Over Climbing professionally
- Experience in building, motivating and managing teams
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Be energetic and hardworking, and able to use own initiative
- Be prepared to work flexible shifts including evenings and weekends
- Have a positive, problem solving attitude
- Actively seek to improve the company in any way that they can.
- Hold the MIA award (or RCI/CWI with CWLI as a minimum)
- Previous experience managing a leisure centre/climbing centre
- Previous experience in a retail environment
40 hpw including evenings and weekends.
£22,000-26,000 PA depending on experience.
To apply, please send a CV and Covering Letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application closes 17th August 2018.